Wednesday, June 13, 2007






The June Doll quilt challenge is on. I just finished my first ever doll quilt using the dissapearing nine patch pattern, 7 fabrics including unbleached muslin. It is 14 1/2 x 161/2, the perfect size for a doll or a placemat.
I just wanted to get a quick note and some pictures in here for now. Let me know what you think. This is the one I was not loving when I started it. I think it came out better than I thought it would.






I learned some things about quilting with this challenge:

1. If you start with 2 1/2" strips, it will be really difficult to keep the blocks square, the smaller the blocks, the harder it is.

2. It might be better to use all 9 different fabrics to make a more geometrically (is that a word?) pleasing design on the tiny quilt.

3. I need stronger reading glasses




I got to play with all the embroidery stiches on my machine. cool huh?

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

It's charming! Are you doing the Doll Quilt Swap? I need to get busy on mine. Oh! You linked me. Thank you. I am really flattered. Periodically I like to point out intersting and exceptional blogs, and I will be sure to include yours. I will be sure my friend Anne sees your quilts. She made her first quilt and I am trying to convince her she can easily tackle a doll quilt.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I was sharing new favorites, and I included your blog... I thought you'd like to know.

Home ec new Haven said...

You did a great job on this Deb. It would make a nice gift for baby Sofia with a little doll to go along with it!