Monday, July 16, 2007

KABOOM.....CRACK........RUMBLE..........No rain yet.






I'm back home in SW Florida from CT. I arrived last night and found that my new camera was back from being repaired. I just had to take it out and play with it a little. So, no CT pictures due to technical difficulties.

Katie, my daugher/photo teacher, said this picture shows good apperature. That means it is focused in the middle and gets blurry toward the edges. I think she is losing patience with me. Does she look a little bored with it:


She thinks I am hopeless. I had the camera set on the 'P', because I thought is meant 'Picture', but it doesn't. She won't tell me what it means, because she wants me to read the manual. YUCK, that would be so unlike me to do that. I would much rather learn from my mistakes. I guess that is the story of my life. After 50 years of doing things this way, it just might be too late to change.

Some things I saw in CT that you don't see in Florida:
  • stairs
  • basements
  • red maple leaves
  • rocks
  • hills
  • grass you can actually walk in
  • parking lots without those cement barricaids so you can just zip across rather than follow the rows
  • Hummel's hot dogs
  • Good Pizza
  • Portugese rolls
  • Canolli's the real kind
  • pigeons
  • sidewalks
  • clotheslines
  • brick houses
  • ivy
  • day lillies

The only thing I really miss about CT is the grandkids and my family & friends. Otherwise, I am glad I am back here in Hurricane Alley. So far, it's been quiet, keep good thoughts!!!



4 comments:

My Own Woman said...

For what it's worth, I enjoy your blog. It's nice to get to know the "real" person behind the monitor.

debbie said...

Thanks, I enjoy reading some very much more interesting and fun blogs than mine. I know I can't compete, so I just let the fingers fly and that's all I can do! Thank you

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Welcome home... so nice to hear you saw new sights. Isn't coming home, even from good places, so wonderful?

Home ec new Haven said...

I know you don't miss Connecticut, but Connecticut misses you!