Friday, September 21, 2007


Starting the Garden

Trying to keep my mind off of smoking, eating, remodeling, and friends illnesses. I could start exercising, but that my send my body into a state of shock. I haven't been this good to it since I was 6.


I love to grow things and make things. Since I live in SW Florida, it is time to start the garden. My daughter Katie started this last year, and has gone to NY for college. I decided to take over her garden this year.

















When I was in CT last month, I took some pictures of my old garden that my daughter Carolyn has taken over from me. The sunflowers inspired me to plant some here, I hope they grow here.






This is a portion of my old perennial garden with some black eyed susans and an old copper thingy that I salvaged from my mother-in-law a few years back.






I miss the perennial gardens from the northeast. I have none here in Florida. I suppose I should take a class on Florida Gardening. It is a different gardening world here. You have to plant things that tolerate extreme sun, heat, and drought. Then in the winter, you have to plant things that like water, heat, and sun. You also have to be careful about exotic and invasive plants that harm the ecosystem and take over. Things just grow like crazy here. You have to trim everything back or it will take over the yard.































UPDATE Check it out, one week after planting sunflower seeds I have plants with the 2nd set of leaves already. This is amazing. The package said 7-21 days for germination. I hope they make it, stay tooned for updates

1 comment:

Mom O Matic said...

So pretty! Debbie could you email me so I can add you to the MILF swap email I'm sending out today. I'm matching everyone with their swap partners and I can't find your email on your blog. Thanks!
tsvobo1526@comcast.net.