Friday, April 18, 2008

Mimus Polyglottos


Mama Mockingbird

aka, Northern Mockingbird


This nest is right by my front door in a tall bush. I stuck my camera in the bush several times to get a good picture of this baby. There are two in the nest. They must of hatched about 5 or 7 days ago. The mother bird feeds them all day long. They make a lot of noise when they are feeding. When the mother bird leaves the nest, they quiet down. I just noticed today that they are getting brave. They are standing on the edge of the nest and looking out of the bush. Pretty soon they will leave.............bye bye mocking birdies

1 comment:

Home ec new Haven said...

They are one of my favorite birds around here! We have one that sits in our tall tree at the end of the day and sings all of the sounds it heard all day, one day I was convinced we had a kitten in the tree but it was the mocking bird.